- 250g butter
- 1 small onion
- Diced finely 800g pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1-2 tsp runny honey
- 15g grated root ginger
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube/Vegetable Stock Pot dissolved in 750ml boiling water
- 100ml single cream
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander (this is up to one’s preference).
- Pumpkin seeds saved from pumpkin
- Drizzle of cream
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200oC.
- Lay foil on an oven-safe dish and spread the pumpkin seeds, add a splash of olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste. Put in oven to toast for 40 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the onions and pumpkin and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until vegetables soften but do not brown.
- Add the honey, ginger, and Vegetable Stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the pumpkin is soft.
- Stir in most of the single cream and place in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Season to taste with black pepper. Serve garnished with a swirl of the remaining single cream, a sprinkle of coriander if desired, and the toasted pumpkin seeds.
- We recommend serving the below dish with a chunk of granary bread. Try giving this soup a touch of heat by adding 1 finely chopped red chilli and one crushed clove of garlic in with the onions.