- 150g banana cut into small pieces. Brown spotted bananas that need using up are ideal
- 250g self raising flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 5ml spoon runny honey
- 2 x 5ml spoon baking powder
- 250ml milk
- 1 egg
- 90ml oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large bowl, and add in the sugar.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl using a fork.
- Pour the milk, oil, honey and egg into the flour mixture and mix well to form a smooth batter.
- Stir in the banana pieces.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin trays. You can bake excellent muffins and remove them safely from pans without using baking liners as long you effectively grease your baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the muffins have risen and are golden brown.
- Carefully take the muffins out of the tin and allow to cool on a cooling rack.