Find more apple recipes via LoveFoodHateWaste
- 4 medium-sized Bramley (cooking) apples
- 75g pecan nuts (or mixture of nuts, raisins, oats to preferrence)
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- Heat oven to 140 C
- Put pecans in on a roasting tray for 10 minutes to crisp up (but keep an eye on them they shouldn’t go too brown.
- Wipe the apples and use a corer to remove the stalks and cores
- Using a small paring knife make a small incision all round the waist of each apple (to make sure they don't explode in your oven!)
- Arrange them in a roasting tin, leaving some space between each one.
- Chop up the crisped pecan nuts, fairly coarsely, and fill the centres of the apples with them. Scatter what's left around the apples.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of maple syrup into the centre of each apple and over the skins.
- Drizzle the last tablespoon of maple syrup over the nuts on the base of the tin
- Cook for 1¼ hours until the apples are tender.
- AirFryer Cooking Time - 200 C for 8-10 mins